Lemon Meringue Tart Cookies
Right as I was piping the first batch of meringue, the possibilities just kept running through my head.
Buttercream decorations, Churros, cake donuts, cookie dough and so much more!
But the one that really stuck to me was Lemon Meringue Tart. It was just a few days before a Mother's Day and I realized that Lemon Meringue Tart is the perfect combination of sweet and sour, soft and crunchy, delicate but yet fierce. Just like my mom or any other women in my life.
So it was a no-brainer.
The best part was that I actually made it all days in advance and put it all together right before serving.
These little cookies are rated 10 out of 10 on the WOW factor. It took me a while to convince everyone that I did not buy it from the high-end bakery in town. This is great because I was totally aiming for that!
Tips when piping with the Sultan tip:
- It is a really a big one, so use at least 18" piping bags.
- When piping Meringue, make sure the Meringue is super stiff. Otherwise, it will be hard to pipe and you might lose the design since the Meringue is too weak to hold the shape.
- While piping, make sure the Sultan tip is at 90 degrees over the pan. It will be hard to achieve perfect circles with different angles.
- To get the full recipe and so much more head over to One Sarcastic Baker.
* All images in this article are the property of One Sarcastic Baker LLC.